History

Engen Hus was built in 1949 by the Engen brothers.  Alf, Sverre, and Kaare (Corey) came to Utah from Norway.  All three were integral in establishing the ski industry in Utah and Idaho.  All three competed internationally.  Corey, the owner of this house, was the captain of the 1948 U.S. Olympic ski team.  For some time, Alf held the world record for longest Nordic jump – over 300 feet. Check out the Alf Engen Museum in Park City.
In the late 1940’s the Engen families built five log cabins on a five acre plot of land on Big Cottonwood Canyon Road.  The timbers were harvested from a forest fire in Montana.  Skiers from all over the world began to use the cabins as their base camp.
In the late 1980’s Engen Hus became a Bed and Breakfast, called Log Cabin on the Hill.  It has continued to this day, to be a vacation rental / B&B.